- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Six (6 ) months full-time direct, patient care experience within thelast five (5) years, in an institution or care center setting.
- Meetsfederal/state requirements for this position. Hospice Aide (HA) competence will conform with requirements in the Medicare Conditions ofParticipation found in 42CFR 418.76. Must be able to successfully pass the competency program of thecare center. Uponhire, will have complete done of the following:
- Training (at least 75-hours) and competency evaluation, the content of which addresses all subjects listed at 42CFR 418.76 (b) & (c).
- A competency evaluation program that meets therequirements of42CFR 418.76 (c).
- A nurse aide (at least 75-hours) training and competency evaluation program approved by the State as meeting the requirements of* 483.151through* 483.154, and is currently listed in good standing on the State nurse aide registry.
- A State licensure program [42CFR 418.76(a)(1)(iv)].
- Hasnot had a consecutive twenty-four (24) month or more lapse in practice for compensationsince last competency training.
- CurrentCPR certification.
- Currentstate certification (or registration) as a nurse assistant (and as per state certification/registration requirements).
- Minimumof one (1) year full-time direct, patient care experience within the last five (5) years, in an institution or agency setting.
Amedisys isan equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants willreceive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status,disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition orcarrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.